Partners in Parkinson's
The Michael J. Fox Foundation and AbbVie have partnered to create Partners in Parkinsonís, a strategic health initiative which aims to fill in knowledge gaps, provide new educational tools and resources for the Parkinsonís community to help patients optimize their care from diagnosis through advanced disease.
Combining virtual and face-to-face opportunities, Partners in Parkinsonís empowers patients and families to ďdiscover the benefits of teamĒ by connecting them with information and resources that can be crucial in developing a plan of care specific to their Parkinsonís.
Online Resources to Help You Optimize Your Care
- Locate a movement disorder specialist using a new online specialist locating tool, developed in collaboration with the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society.
- Connect with one-on-one support from a Parkinsonís Disease Advocate, who are available by phone or in person, anywhere in the United States.
- Attend informative webinars on topics related to navigating a Parkinsonís diagnosis and building a team of care providers.
- Gain a better understanding of Parkinsonís disease through comprehensive information online, including a downloadable Parkinsonís disease guide.
Educational Events to Connect with Local Support
- Learn how to maximize time with a Parkinsonís specialist or your own physician.
- Connect with vital resources in your local community including allied healthcare specialists, support groups, physical activity groups and more.
- Become involved in the search for new therapies through opportunities for clinical trial participation.